Friday, December 22, 2006

random thoughts

First there are a million things that I should be doing right now. Probaby more. But here I sit, piddling time away on the internet.
Now, I have to share the line that a trucker used on my yesterday. It made my day! Ok, he was sitting at our coffee counter which was my section that day and right from the get go I was giving him a hard time(For those of you who have never eaten at a Flying J, that is simply how it is done, we are loved for our harrassment and abuse). So this man, after a couple minutes of my being difficult, he asks if I have a boyfriend. Normal question where I work, so I don't think twice about it. So I tell him no. Then he says to me "Thats too bad, I haev a sympathy card in the truck that I was going to give to him" Funniest thing ever!
Work has been really fun these last few days, even though I don't think I have ever seen it so dead. It's bad. But I love it!
And finally the point of my message.
Have you ever had it where when you are talking and start saying one word and then switch to another one half through the word? Well, I have heard/said some lately and have come to the decision that I love these words and I believe they should be more mainstream. SO, I am going to share mine, and if you have some or ever come up with some, PLEASE let me know!

Borgeous
Spabulous
Squinney

Ok. there are three to start. Any guesses on what they mean? Let me know! And seriously, MORE WORDS LIKE THEM!!!
Talk to you later. Happy 2 days before CHRISTmas!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hrmm....a random one i say all the time is ginormous, but everyone knows that one. i cant think of any others at the moment, I'll get back to you when i do! i dont think i should guess what they mean cuz i came up with Squinney (by accident, cuz i cant talk and think at the same time...bad combination) and i know the others :D.

Lets hear more funny comments from truckers, that could be a really interesting but very long post haha.

Merry Christmas! see you when you get back (i still need to take you snowboarding!)

lj said...

It is perhaps true that I should give credit to those who come up with the words.
Borgeous- JB
Squinney- Marty
Spabulous- some man on TV
And I wouldn't know where to start from the truckers. I am accustomed to them so it takes a pretty good one for me to remember it long enough to blog it. But I'll see what I can do.