Friday, December 01, 2006

and we have finally decided...

Ok. It is official. I am NOT going to the Netherlands in the coming summer. For those of you who don't know, Jack and I were talking about going and have been talking about it since last march or so, pretty much since we became friends. But after alot of thought we have finally decided we arn't going. And, for those who know about my 10/10 record for being top three that I posted about a couple months ago, and if these same people know about the beliefs that all of my friends had for why I wouldn't be going, you are all wrong. The trip has not, I repeat, has NOT been cancelled because of a boy in my life.(Which is what everyone thought would happen). It has been cancelled because life got in the way.
I got to thinking about things and really, what kind of big sister would I be if I missed the grad of not one, but two of my little brothers? A pretty sad one to say the least. Never mind that I don't have hardly any money and that my grasp on the Dutch language, which I was expecting to have grown this semester considering I took Dutch and all, it definitely is not much of a grasp. So, these things, and others, have factored in and we officially decided yesterday that we are not going...
Its a big thing to get out of the way...
Got my lab final back, kicked butt in it! Couldn't be much happier about it. Wrote my Dutch midterm, it was alright. Less sentences than the last one, so we'll see how it goes. (Ps, sentences are a very bad thing for me when they are in Dutch). The next 6 days are wholly dedicated to my English Essay and my Bio poster presentation. No problem!
But off to sleep, I get my stitch(yes, just one) out tomorrow and have about 1 billion errands to do before the big banquet, so I must get some sleep to prepare for a day of racing around. Take care, thanks for visiting, and I'll talk to you again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura.. i love you soo much.. and yes i do read your blog!! i miss you!!! move to kelowna to go to school!!

Anonymous said...

" The trip has not, I repeat, has NOT been cancelled because of a boy in my life.(Which is what everyone thought would happen)"

hmmmmm, do I know this boy????

Anyway, I was going to go to Europe as well in the summer, but I changed my mind because it was too much, I couldn't believe the stress relief that occured when it was off my back! So good for you, when you have another chance, it will be good, but as always, its always good to take things slow and ponder....lol

lj said...

There isn't a boy. that is the point. My friends all thought that I would bail on going to Holland because a boy would enter my life and that would be it for me, "the end of Laura as they know it" and they figured I would pretty much be settled in... But, that hasn't happened.
Sorry, not as interesting.
And I agree, it is alot off the back to suddenly know you arn't going. It feels great! =)