Monday, July 09, 2007

3 weeks and counting! My blog countdown begins

Three weeks.. 21 days..
Ok. To be fair it is technically more because I fly out of Edmonton on the 29th. Off to Flordia where I meet mom for a couple days, so I suppose I should be counting for the 2nd, when I actually land in Port Au Prince. BUT, I leave for my adventure on the 29th and that is what I want to count down to.
Got my Hep A. Finished that for life. It is a needle and I didn't faint or get woozy or queasy or anything. Pretty pumped about that. Have Malaria pills. And 'broad spectrum anti-biotics'. Sounds scary more then anything.
I've only got 3 shifts left before I begin my leave of absence. Wednesday will be my last shift before my 10 weeks off. And by Wednesday night, I'll be in Calgary. Karter and I are going to Stampede on Thursday, and camping with Robin and Marty and maybe some other people for the weekend. Then, as I enter into my final 2 weeks, I have no idea what I will be doing. Maybe going to Vernon to visit my grandparents. If I do that, perhaps I'll continue down the road to the Vancouver area to say hi to a Joy there. We'll see. I have 2 weeks of no major responsibilities, so no stress about it. I hope.
I think I'm gonna miss my work. I really do love my job. Managing in Edmonton is so easy because of all the staff, and they know that I do know what I am talking about. Alot of customers come in, look at me, and call me over so that I can explain to them why I am wearing a managers vest instead of a red servers shirt. Then they ask where I've been and if I am back for good, so many of them end up hearing about the trip. I can't believe the number of them who have asked me to bring back pictures to share. Or how many tell me that they'll miss me. I know its work, but it's a neat feeling and its sorta like a really disfunctional family. I love it.
3 weeks. 21 days. Wow...

No comments: