Thursday, July 19, 2007

10 days to go






I'd like to start by sending out a happy one month out to my wonderful niece, Kiera. I really can't believe she is a month old already!










I spent most of today over there, holding her. Getting in my time before I leave I suppose, because guess where I am headed tomorrow? Yep. Back to Dale and Mar's to spend a few hours there. Its a pretty good deal. I get to visit with Mar, hold Kiera, and feel like I am helping because it gives her company and a break. So tomorrow is focused on getting out of the house. Run some errands- random stuff, but so perhaps I can sit with Kiera while Mar does whatever she needs to do. I'm excited.






No more work for me. That feels weird. People keep asking why I wanted so much time off and I don't know. I wanted it so that I could do stuff, visit with people, maybe make a trip west, that sort of thing, but I am not so sure about the trip to BC anymore. Just feels like time is running out. We'll see.






The trip is really starting to come together. Picked up some more weather appropriate, modestly styled clothes for Haiti. Need a couple more shirts maybe because many of mine are borderline and not something to wear there. Otherwise I just have to pick up my over the counter meds, cold medication, tylenol, stuff like that for myself. And then I think I will be ready... Crazy thought.






Donations are really coming together as well. It is at the point where I am going to switch my focus to collecting items for the orphange. Things like mild soap, crib sheets, liquid tylenol and vitamins for infants, formula... that sorta stuff. I am collecting those things, and I am going to go out and spend a bunch of money on that stuff. My goal is to fill a big suitcase with donation stuff. Lofty goal? Perhaps. If all else fails, I'll buy diapers:) But seriously, they need this stuff more then I need the money that will buy it, so why not?






I am pretty nervous about the trip. Well in some ways I am. I'm sorry that I was reminded that this is going to be Hurricane season and Haiti is right in the middle of the Carribean. It's been a few years since their last serious one, but that isn't really a comfort. I'm worried that I really have no idea what I am getting into. But then I go and hold Kiera and I remember that it doesn't matter. I got love and I was called to do this, so it'll be ok.






10 sleeps... well 9 really because I highly doubt I will sleep the night before... Home stretch. I can now count it on my own two hands.






Take a deep breath Laura... A deep breath...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura - we will keep you in our prayers! & it's so good to see your faith shine through :) I hope to make a donation as well.
Jess' Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. - You have a beautiful niece!!

lj said...

Thanks to both your comments Mrs. S! I apperciate your prayers and I'll never argue about my niece:)