Sunday, September 24, 2006

the last couple days...

The last two days have been packed with things to do!
Sat
After watching the girls soccer game(which they won against NAIT, and yes, I watched an entire outdoor soccer game, I've seen a few of them actually. Weird? Ya. I think so too), I return to my apartment to see I have a voicemail from my dad(Hi daddy). So, I call him back to tell him that ARE YOU KIDDING!? YEAH I'LL GO TO THE OILERS GAME!!! Well, just as I am talking to my dad and working out when we would meet, I get a text from Jack(ie) saying she was going to the game with her dad to! I was pumped and told Brit(another roommate and a HUGE Oilers fan) that Jack and I were going to the game and she was really jealous so she convinces Jodi(another roommate) to go to the game. Long story short, we all ended up going and managed to meet up During the second intermission. So despite the sad finish, it was fun to meet up with the girls, and afterwards we went to the clubhouse and got some pics with some of the Oilers rookies. These pictures, the first one is the Calgary fan standing alone, and the second is showing the friends that we are(for those who don't know, thats me with 3 of my 5 roommates. yep, 6 of us in total). The other three are with Bergeron, Stortini, and Jacques. Sweet!





















Sun
We had plans for a BBQ for lunch and were meeting at one, so I headed to a new church with some roommates and was ready to go by one. One o'clock comes around, seven of us jump in a minivan and it was off to Jack's potato farm for a BBQ! The hamburgers were awesome and we were all thrilled to be in a real home. It is amazing how quickly you can grow to miss a house.
After lunch we got a tour of the farm. I really love those tours. We rode a piler (don't ask), climbed in a potato truck, and just goofed off. It was super fun. The pics, first there is us in the van on the way to the farm. Jack is driving and I am riding shot gun. Then there is us eating our delicious burgers. To the left is a pic of Jennie and Amber on the scoop. It, as I am sure you'd guess, scoops potatos and runs them down conveyor belts into trucks.




Next we have the pictures from the 'bin', where they store the potatos. We are climbing onto a piler(the green thing. And you guessed it, it 'piles' potato's!) We would be in big trouble I am sure if her parents found out, but we rode the piler to the top of the pile of potatos (See the other picture). It was awesome! We had so much fun and if was technologically advanced enough, I would post the videos of it. It was super fun!! Next there is a picture of the seven of us and Jack's little sister. We are tucked in between the boards between bins. Following that one is the fork lift. When you see a piece of machinery, you play on it! Or we do. So of course, we had to take a moment for another photo op. After the fork lift we moved on to faster machines, the quad! Now, I'll be honest, it is broken and w=we are just sitting in the shop on it, but the second quad picture sure makes it look like we are driving fast, doesn't it?

Finally, as any trip to the farm should, we finished our visit playing the the trucks. Inside the back of the potato trucks and pretending to drive other large trucks that were sitting around the barn yard.

Finally, with a visit to the headless tractor man(Jennie is posing behind it) and a 50lb bag of potatos in the trunk(way to go Amber!), we returned home to rest and relax from a busy couple of days. See ya!

2 comments:

Jack said...

great job on explaining farming... i love you more than words can say!!! keep posting cause i love it! i always laugh:)

Ashley said...

I MISS you like crazy. Even more than words can say. I miss you like CRAZY. Every minute of every day.