Thursday, August 09, 2007

Immediate Prayer Request

I have an immediate need for prayer. For two of my kids here. There is good news and bad news in concern to these two little boys.
Good news first. My two year old came off his IV on Sunday. He was still upset and sad, but yesterday we had him laughing, smiling, babbling, dancing, interacting with the other kids, and even eating on his own. It was a complete surprise to see that side of him because usually he just sits around looking at those around him with a blank stare. It goes to show that with enough prayer, anything can happen. However, today he was a bit more back to his 'normal' self. Although he was sitting on his own quietly, I saw him smile only twice and the 3 hours that I spent with him, he ate nothing. Please help me in a prayer of thanks for yesterdays break through, and in a prayer to lift the saddness covering his poor little heart. It is heartbreaking to see him when he is sitting listless, emotionless, impervious to the world and I really hold the little guy dear to my heart already. He feels the same way, as he has taken to calling me 'momma' (Hey mom, your a grandma again=) )
The other little boy is 4 months old and came to the orphanage very malnourished. I would be surprised ifhe weighed an ounce over 7lbs. They have been trying hard to help him gain weight and strength but all the efforts are not sticking. He spits up his bottle and just can't stand on his spindly little legs or hold up his skinny little neck. A couple days ago I got another reason to be concerned about him. He caught a cold. A raspy little cough that shakes his entire little body and looks like it could break a rib. It has gotten progressively worse over the last couple days until earlier today, he went into respitory distress. One of the other volunteers is a nurse back home in the states, so she now has him hooked up to an IV and in an oxygen mask, but he is not doing well. Every time I have popped my head in to check on him, he has been crying and coughing so much. I really wonder how much such a little body could take. He also has taken a spot deep in my heart, and the very thought of losing him literally rips me apart.
So if you don't mind keeping these two little boys and the nurses and nannies that are caring for them. For health and happiness, for patience and strength, for love and peace. I would really apperciate it!

No comments: