Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good day

Just figured I would send in a quick hello.
The hurricane turned out to be rather uneventful in our area. Apparently when they told us that it wouldn't have much of an effect this far into the mountains, they weren't kidding. First, from what I understand, Dean did not progress into a category 5, it remained a category 4. This is still a really large hurricane, simply a little smaller than they had predicted.
After all of our preparations to put things away, and 'hurricane proof' the area, I suppose I had expected more. However, it is best to be prepared and it is by far a better thing to get less than expected. We had som e fairly serious winds and rain throughout the night, both of which are still happening on and off, but otherwise we are finished with this hurricane. We have beat the threat =)
No major plans for this week. Not yet at least. There are 3 volunteers leaving and I have no idea if any are arriving. I shall keep in touch. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We thank God for your safety through the threat of "Dean". The hurricane pictures sure look intense!!! What an experience for you! Keep up the good work!