Friday, June 29, 2007

First things first...

I Ate Lobster.
To many of you this may seem like not such a big thing, but it is. Huge really for me. I don't eat seafood, vegetables, foreign food, oriental food... pretty much if it isn't something I am used to I wont try it. But Tuesday night, Karter and I were in Lethbridge for supper, we ate in the Water Tower, he had lobster and somehow talked me into trying it. After putting it off for most of the meal, FINALLY I try my little piece and it started out ok. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad and I thought, well its better then I expected. BUT THEN all of a sudden, it tasted like it smells and that is a terrible smell so I think I have decided I don't like it. But I tried it. One battle at a time!
Went to Drumheller on Monday. Checked out the museum and a bunch of other tourist things, unfortunately we got rained and hailed on so we stayed in the car for the most part, but it was still a good time. Then sat on the beach at Little Bow Provincial Park for a couple hours before driving to Lethbridge for supper.
Here is are a couple links to pics from Drumheller, Vulcan, Little Bow, and maybe even from Lethbridge. Its my first time trying to use these links so if it doesn't work I am sorry!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3032&l=c1b8f&id=509833092
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3033&l=0e376&id=509833092
Finished my last couple shifts in Calgary. Went ok, rather uneventful. I am back in Edmonton again, supposedly for good this time, but it still doesn't quite feel like this is where I'll be for the next month and a bit. They aren't sure where I fit in the Edmonton schedule, which sucks because that means I might not get shifts and wont make any more money before Haiti. I need to make a bit more to get my finances in better order. Pretty soon I have to start paying back my student loan, got to start paying my AHC, got to keep paying my cell phone and car insurance and gas, and in looking to move out I am sure my bills will just continue to climb...
Maybe instead of moving out I will go travel some more, get a job anywhere that isn't Alberta and find some cheap way to live... Not likely though... Oh well.
Saw my neice again. She is absolutely beautiful and if the links about work this time then I will attempt another one next time I post. Have a great day and remember to laugh about something, anything. It really does put you in a better mood.

No comments: