Monday, June 18, 2007

Calgary part 8

Home for a couple of days. Feels a little strange. Like I am visiting. Maybe it is just because I know it is just for a couple of days, who knows! Back to work on Wednesday morning again. It looks like it'll be through Sunday and then that's it. I think. Stopped by my own J a couple of times and it amazes me how different my attachments to each place are. Edmonton is home, I've been employed by the Flying J for two years as of last Thursday, thats a long time in my world to be working somewhere. But the Calgary J, I've helped with the open. I went in there, knowing what was going on, aware of what to expect, and left a part of me in that building. My heart is in that place because I had a hand in the beginning and that makes a difference to me. Strange, maybe, but thats the way it is.
Gonna be strange to come back to Edmonton. I've gotten so accustomed to being a manager that returning as a server just wont seem natural. I know I shouldn t count my chickens before they hatch, maybe I slip into serving again no problem and discover I missed it more than I thought and give up on ever wanting to manage, but in looking ahead I worry about the adjustment... Oh well. Only time will tell how it goes.
Two of my little brothers are graduating next week. Hard to believe that was me three years ago. Definitely not where I thought I would be at this point in my life. Not complaining, just not what I expected.
Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.

This is at my parents surprise 30th anniversary. Three of the four Boskers girls, and our first niece or nephew.























In Banff near to Bow Falls














At the Cave and Basin in Banff National Park...

No comments: