Thursday, May 31, 2007

Calgary Part 1(Or is it 6?) volume 2

So. Back in Calgary. Been here since Friday, started working Saturday. 2-12am shifts, everyday. On Monday coming up I will find out if I am taking/getting a day off or a few days to go home or what. Hopefully that will also be the day that I find out how long my stint here will be.
I am here as a relief manager this time. I was worried before hand, first because I have never officially been a manager before(I say officially because I was essentially managing last time I was here, just without the title.) Second because I was worried about how the staff would react to my return. Well, it seems that between my last visit here and my style of serving, managing generally feels like a baby step. There are aspects of it that are very different, I've worked 5 shifts and it feels as though I have been here for a month or longer. Dealt with alot of crap in those 5 shifts and I really hope that I can use my experience as a Flying J server to help things run a little smoother here. As for the second thing, no need to worry there either. The staff that knew me from before was happy to see me again, and the new staff hasn't taken long to win over. I listen to them. And try to help in all areas. Thats two of the big things I expect from my managers and it seems to please the staff here as well.
Otherwise keeping pretty busy as well. Still tanning(getting my base tan so that I wont burn in Haiti). Went to the zoo before work yesterday(It was AWESOME! Pics to follow after I return home). Went to the Calgary Tower(from Cool Runnings... you know, "Jamica we have a bobsled team") with the intention of going up it, but it was like 13 bucks! So I glanced at the shop on the bottom, took a pic from a block away, got back on the train and returned to my car. Going to meet my aunt for breakfast tomorrow... Going well, no complaints.
On that note, its 130 and my laundry should be done. Between that and the fact the space bar sticks and this is taking way more effort than I imagined, I am taking off.
Have a great night!

No comments: