Friday, May 25, 2007

Grr

I would leave town by noon on Friday. That was the plan. I would get to Calgary with enough time to work a short(6-8 hour) shift, go to the hotel and on Saturday I would being my 10 hour days. Well. Friday at noon has come and gone. I am still sitting at home, waiting. I haven't heard from work yet and to be honest I don't even know if I am still going down to Calgary! Ya, they are short staffed pretty much all over, but in the last week, our store has lost 3 servers(2 were new so that really isn't to bad, just means we need to train someone else), a manager, and a kitchen staff member has essentially disappeared. No one has heard from her, no one can get a hold of her, or her family, and we literally have no idea where she is. So all of a sudden, the Edmonton store has gaping spots that need to be filled and my leaving for a month would just increase the difficulties. Therefore, my boss, Winnie, is 'working on' trying to figure out if it works and how it works. I've called twice already today, I called twice and stopped in yesterday(on my day off), I called and stopped in on Wesnesday(a day off), and while I worked the double shift on Tuesday, I reminder her a few times. Yet somehow I still have no idea what is going on! So frustrating!

On a brighter note, mom and dads surprise anniversary thing went amazingly well. They were super surprised, we had like20-30 people here, everyone seemed to have a good time. It was pretty awesome.
Here is a picture of my sister Shelly and I rubbing our Sister-in-law's tummy. She is due early July and is really starting to pop out. We are thrilled because that means we will be aunties for the first time.

No comments: