Tuesday, May 22, 2007

From the desk of Smilely (which is me, Laura...)

Off to Calgary again. I leave Friday morning for a month long stint at their location. Going down as a manager officially this time. A relief manager to be exact. Pretty psyched really because it is 10 hour days, possibly longer, up to 7 days a week. OT is anything over 8 hours/day or over 44 hours/week, so it could be an amazing oppertunity to put away some money. Pretty pumped about that. They are putting me up in the hotel again, which is cool to, I really don't mind living in a hotel. I plan on talking to my Aunt Pearl and maybe getting a key to her place about 15 mins from the hotel that way if I get really sick of the life, there is a house right there, ready and open for me to pop in. But we'll see how that goes.
Haiti is fast approaching. Very fast. I leave in less than 10 weeks. Or in other numbers, 67 days. I still can't believe that I am actually going to be doing this and am very excited, but quite nervous as well. But I heard an amazing little 'proverb' in church on sunday that I am really trying to focus on, "God does not call the equipped, he equips the called". Rather than worry that I can't handle it, I am trying to focus on not working on handling it. On simply letting go and letting things happen as they are meant to do.
Had a minor car incident the other day. Nothing serious, just cost me a little bit of money is all. Watched a near brawl break out at the bar, something that my friends and I sort of inadvertently started. A couple of my girl friends are regulars at Cook, so I've gone along a couple times in the last few weeks. When we are there we meet up with some cowboys and two step the night away. Have you ever two stepped? Like really two stepped? I haven't before this but now... its awesome. Its to the point that when I was at Oil City with some other friends the other night, I found the couple guys who could two step and asked them to dance. Sure makes a difference to the night when your partner knows what to do! I really recommend it.
Beyond that there isn't alot interesting. Since I leave in just a few days for Cow Town I have a ton of things to get ready and keep pushing them aside. Gonna make for a long couple days right before I go but thats all apart of life too right? Hope life is going well for everyone, take care.

No comments: