Sunday, March 25, 2007

Calgary part 2

Ok. So I only have a moment. It it 6 30 in the morning and I am just waiting for my laundry to finish and figured why not take a moment to update.
Things here are going pretty well. I just finished a week of more than 70 hours. Maybe a small number to some of you but for me that is alot. I have been working every day since last week monday(Which made the shift I just finished day 13) and if you take out my day of drive time on that Sunday, I worked the sat before and 4 other shifts that week. So in the last 3 weeks I am at 18/20 days of work. Good times.
I am settling in as a server trainer, it is still strange that I don't get to serve tables, but I kind of like that I have time to do more PR work. And when it gets busy they do give me a section. Makes for a good mix of things. The staff here is awesome, Its only been a couple of weeks but I am definitely going to miss alot of them and part of me almost wants to just stay here in Calgary, make my mark and all of that, but then I think to myself, "do I really want to be a Calgarian?" and the answer is obvious.
Tonight was one of my most nerve racking nights ever! Our graveyard manager(which is the shift I have sort of been working-6pm-4am) needed the night off, so it fell upon me to watch the floor, to manage the floor. I wore the vest and had the managers card and did so many comps, reversals, and walkouts that I am pretty sure they will never let me manage again. But at the same time, I calmed some angry guests and almost everyone left relatively happy, so it could have been alot worse.
Actually did some socializing this week. Nice change. Not alot, but hung out with a buddy(Hi Wiggles), saw my cousin, switched rooms into a KING SIZE BED in a suite with a 19 year old(rather than 45 in a double room), went shopping, and tomorrow(today) is lunch/breakfast with my aunt and uncle. Yay fun!
Going home for a few days this week and I can't wait! But I think I am looking forward to my return too. Weird. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol @ the comps, reversals and walkouts, i know what thats like! I've had days like that too, oh and the 18/20 days, i feel your pain...but its not really that bad :D (mind you i dont work 70 hours/week at the same job). anywho, see you Tuesday

Anonymous said...

this is interesting. I love reading about this. "but then I think to myself, "do I really want to be a Calgarian?" and the answer is obvious." HA HA HA HA. that was so funny! anyway, I'm busy truckin along with my homework and it is sad. at this point I'm hopeing to finish at least one class! boy oh boy.....hopefully I graduate!