Monday, January 29, 2007

Crazy little thing called life...

I did it. I am officially a member of the U of A dance club where I am taking a basic ballroom dancing course. It is a not for credit, beginners class and I am taking it with Marty, a friend from work. It is super fun! We have only had one class so far but it definitely looks promising. I doesn't seem all that difficult just yet but that might be because I took a social dance class here at Kings last year and have learnt the basic stuff already, but it also might be because it was only the first class. Moral of the story, gonna be awesome.
Otherwise work is going pretty well. Still slow, but there is still a chance of my going to Calgary in March so I don't mind it being so slow. Thats a lie. It sucks, but what choice do I have but to live with it.
And alst but not least, the wedding is in 5 days. In fact, Saturday, at this time, I will be standing up front of the church, watching my brother and his fiancee say their vows. Crazy stuff! I can't wait for the wedding and it'll be good to actually call her my sister without having to correct myself.
Otherwise there is not really alot going on in my life. I hang out in the apartments way to much, but I am starting to try and change that. I am tired of winter, which is strange because this is probably one of the warmest January's we've had in ages. I'd love nothing more than to hop on a plane and go somewhere warm for a week, all inclusive, but everyone I spoke to either can't afford it or doesn't have an interest in the all inclusive part of it. And so, life goes on...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura boskers! I'm surprised at you! I would think that you would try something adventurous and maybe find anyone to go with you! Did you know you can get ridiculously cheap all-inclusive trips if you decide to go in like a week???? LOOK INTO IT!....and then find someone! You might even be able to go for something like 600 bucks! Not kidding! When they have an opening on the plane or resort they just need someone to fill a place! I'm really hoping you can find someone as spontaneous as yourself, obviously I can't go because of school but you had better try! Go to mexico!

Anonymous said...

go to cuba it's the safest carribean country and I really wanna go! rah rah communism!

Anonymous said...

I would go with you Laura, you never asked everyone. I want to go to Hawaii and learn how to surf :)

Anonymous said...

new post please!!!!!!!!!

lj said...

if only it were that easy to just find a trip and find someone to go. And ok I'll be honest, everyone that I did talk to had no interest.
Amerz. Wow! What the heck how are you? Still working at the plumbing place? Still living at home? What is up with you???