Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just for Jess :)

You demanded a new post so I now respond. First, in my defense, the internet here is acting up all over campus. More than 75% of the time we can't actually get online from our private residences, so I am not getting online nearly as often as I used to.
Ok, now that that is out of the way.
No, I didn't talk to everyone about going and maybe that is something to think about. It is strange that I can be living in the city, 20 minutes from where I grew up, and still forget that I know people out side of this little circle of University life, work, and church. Perhaps it is time to broaded my range of people I ami n contact with, but that is so much easier said than done. I might as well be 'away' at college, because that is honestly how it feels most of the time. But that is my one thoughtful tangent for the night.
Dance class is going really well, it is a beginners class and there is probably like 100 people or something in it, ages rainging from 18- like 65 or maybe even older. It is really neat because someitmes they make us switch partners and you can be dancing with people from all generations. Super fun! So far we have done the Waltz, Jive, Cha Cha, Quickstep, and Samba, and after a 2 week break we return with the Foxtrot and the Rumba. So fun! My partner really likes it too. We are both, I think, enjoying it even more than we had expected to.
Work. Still not certified, but today I was informed (after I asked about it flat out) that next week my boss's boss will be in town and I have to talk to him to finalize everything. Or something. Hopefully that is all true and I can be certified real soon because if not then I am not sure I can handle working there much longer. I am a full time employee working the hours of a busy part timer. Four shifts this week and often I go home early. Not an ideal, money making situation, but we'll see how it goes. Give this deal time to happen.
Family. Dale and Mar are finally married! The wedding was sweet, she looked amazing, and soon I will go on a better computer, one that is better than my 1.96GB hard drive computer and then I will proceed to post up some pictures. But it was an awesome day! Congrats to them!
Beyond that, nothing much new to comment on. I am trying to figure out what is out there that has meaning. That is a loaded statement and can be taken numerous ways I think, so I believe I shall leave it at that. What is out there that has meaning? Till next time...

5 comments:

jessica said...

hey laura, that is an interesting life update! I love it that you are involved in dancing which something that you obviously love! But that last comment really caught my eye because I have been reading the book of Eccleciatses or however the heck you spell that and the entire book is about apsolutly everything is meaningless, and actually I honestly found it hard to put down because it is so true! Anyway, I would check that out because it really helped me out, I'm sure it would help you too. I hope you get more hours for your work!

jessica said...

anyway, I am commenting twice because the people who read your blog never comment!!!! HEY! ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO NEVER COMMENT! GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND MAKE LAURA FEEL GOOD AND LEAVE HER A COMMENT! YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT THAT BUSY CONCIDERING YOU ARE TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO READ HER BLOG SO LEAVE A COMMENT. alright, my rant is done!

lj said...

thanks for the effort jess. at least i know that you read it. :) i am proud to say that js reads and comments on my blog... hehe

Unknown said...

Hey Laura
I've been browsing your blog now and than to see what you're up to. Life sounds rather fun now!
Did you say Dale, as in the Dale we knew, got married?
Thats so cool.
Just the other Sunday I was in Bethel and chatted with your mom.
Reuben (from that crazy mexico trip like 5 years ago)

lj said...

Dale my brother got married. Not the one that you know. Although the Dale that you know, from Mexico, is engaged, to Elaine from Mexico. I believe the date is this summer.