Monday, November 13, 2006

Stranded!

Leaving Vernon, getting out on time. No problems. Our plan was to leave the Vegts at 6 30, and at 6 37 we pulled out. Pretty good says I. After a quick stop, we were on our way, out of Vernon and on the highway by 6 47. Things were going ok until half hour out of 3 Valley Gap when it started to snow. It was fairly thick, but by driving slower and keeping my wipers on it was no issue driving. Pulling into Revelstoke we have to wait in a line of cars and then eventually get our turn to talk to the construction lady. No through traffic. It will be a 4-5 hour wait. An hour and a half later I got to check on things and now we can't get out of here until 3. That works out to more than 6 hours from when we first got here.
I guess there was an accident furtherup the road, between here and Golden. They have to get that cleared up and then get the roads plowed. Trouble is, even if we get out of here at 3, there is going to be SSOOOOOOOOO much traffic leaving from here. They have been stopping cars since like 7 30 or earlier this morning. It is now 10 30 and we are here till 3 still, so many more cars are bound to pull in... gonna be a ridiculous drive thats for sure. But on that note, I've got to get some homework done. Since we are now crashing in Calgary at my aunts place, there i even les time for me to do my homework. Got to get it all done while sitting in a Tim Hortons in Revelstoke... darn weather...

No comments: