Sunday, November 19, 2006

Pics from Vernon

So, our big trip to Vernon last weekend, the pics are on the computer and I figured why not post a few.
On the trip there, we stopped at Frontier something and took some pictures. The snow flakes were huge and we had fun. Jennie is catching the snowflakes.












So, Jennie and I then jumped in on this picture, she is the cowboy and I am the one with all the curves... good times...









No trip to Vernon is complete without a visit to my grandparents. It was really neat because I have never been there without my family or a ton of other people around, so it was the first time that I have sat with them and really talked. Learnt alot about them and had a really good, four hour visit. They rock!











So, in an unusual move for me, I didn't take alot of pictures during the weekend, so this is actually the only one of my and Jeff, my cousin who had the birthday and was the reason we went there in the first place.










And now of our trip home
The three of them figured they would go walking for a while during our 2 and a half hour wait. They came back completely drenched! It was pretty funny. This is Jennie, our roommate, and her two friends who we picked up in Calgary. They are all from Vernon and surprised their families by showing up for the weekend.










The accident, as we passed it, I only managed to get one picture of it and to be honest I felt a bit like a weirdo taking even this one picture before we saw the worst of it. But, it was pretty bad.










After the accident we were passing cars waiting to drive by for the next 15 mins or so. All just sitting there, waiting to drive on. It was crazy. This isn't even a fraction of the cars that we passed and the line of cars goes around the bend in the road. Never mind the lines of them we drove by before getting to the accident, cars that had been let through already. If anyone knows about the drivers of the semis, like if there were fatalities or whatever, I would apperciate hearing about it...











And on a brighter note... Right after we passed the accident, the weather cleared up until Golden, so for a little while we had beautiful scenery of mountains and forests freshly covered with snow. It truly was a beautiful sight...













Thanks for looking! Take care and I'll talk to you later!

No comments: