Saturday, November 11, 2006

British Columbia

Hello from vonderufl vernon... Ok, bad joke but I couldn't think of a 'v' word that means wonderful... Anyways, I am in Vernon for the weekend. Jack and I, along with Jennie and two friends of hers that we picked up in Calgary, came down to visit some of my family for the weekend. It was my cousins birthday on Thursday and that was the initial reason(Happy birthday Jeff!!!) and then it is always fun to visit with my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins in the area. We spent about 4 hours at my grandparents today, Jack and I. It was really fun, we got to hear all about how they met and what it was like coming to Canada and all of that. I had never really talked to them about it since I had never sat with them when no one else was around so it was pretty sweet. They are really cool grandparents, we couldn't believe how long we had been there!!!
Otherwise things are sweet, we are hanging out with Jeff alot and then my couins Jason and their good friend 'cousin' Trevor too. Always alot of fun. Right now we are waiting on themt o come and pick us up for their hockey game tonight. Jack and I took some time to relax in hot tub with a couple of coolers. Stressful weekend I tell you... :)
Tomorrow we will probably drive the hour and 15 minutes to Kamloops to make it to the churhc where my uncle preaches. Only problem is we have to be there at 9 30 in the morning and hockey doesn't start till 10 15, never mind that we are going out afterwards. Oh well, thats life. And who knows what is in store for us after that early morning service. But on that note, I have to finish getting ready for the boys, and I'll talk to you all soon enough... I hope!

No comments: