Monday, October 30, 2006

todays big discovery

I made an unfortunate discovery today. I have recently decided that I am definitely not meant to be an english major, so after checking out different programs at other Universities, I had decided that I wanted to attend NAIT, for the broadcasting program- focus in radio or television.(My back up plan was GMac's Journalism program). Well, registration deadline is tomorrow, so today I sat at a computer with the intention of applying, if I got in I could decide yes or no, and if I didn't get accepted, no big deal. Well, I didn't apply. I learnt that I have to do a 'career investigation report' a couple pages written on 1)why I want to be in that program, 2)interviews with people in that profession, 3) spend a day with a 'buddy' in the program, and 4) talk with admissions and cousellers at the school to figure out if it is for me or not. I may not be much for math, but even I could figure out that there is no way I can have that done by tomorrow. Then for Journalism, you need unpublished articles that you have written. I don't have those either...
Well then. It looks as though I shall be returning to Kings for another semester of classes- with little to no intention for a degree, just classes to get credits and learn stuff... Productive... it'll be an expensive experience... thats all. My Big Discovery.

No comments: