Sunday, October 29, 2006

so. i ll try keep it short

Long week.
Last Thursday night at like 10 30 I started eyeing up my bed, I had to work at 6 30 and figured it would be good to sleep a bit. Before going to sleep I figured I d check my email and be asleep withing 15 mins or so. Well, while checking my email one of my roommates comes running in asking if I know how to get to the hospital. It seems one of our other roommates had fallen down the stairs. Long story short, we were at the hospital late, despite her wicked bruise it was a pretty entertaining experience.















Friday night consisted of the finals of the Kareoke contest. I didn't win but it was really fun. Saturday was a big day. Emmanuel Home put on an amazing race style fundraiser- 23 teams of 4 people each participated in the Race Against Time. It was tons of fun! I have never run so much in my life, all over Edmonton, up hills down sidewalks, over bridges, from buses and LRTs... To make it even better, my team got 2nd! Out of 23 teams! It was really awesome. Our prize? We EACH get a $500 gift certificate for VIA Rail. Super fun!
Heres my team










That night was another hockey game with Ian, Red Wings at Oilers. Now, Ian is a Wings fan so it made it pretty interesting. When the Oilers(who won by the way) scored, he wouldn't cheer with me, and the two seats beside me were empty, so I slapped fives with a couple older/middle aged men behind me. Next goal, I had barely finished jumping out of my seat when they tapped me on shoulder and I had to slap fives with their group of 6, and the 2 men on the other side of the empty seats. It was pretty entertaining. After the game, you know. Down to the club house. Meet Dick Tjarnqvist and Joffery Lupul.











The rest of the week was less eventful. I was super sore for a while from Saturday's race. Tuesday night we did name that tune again, when we got there, Thom and one of his roommates were already there and their team name was 'Canucks'. As a proud Oilers fan I just couldn't join them, so we girls started our own team and played girls against boys the rest of the night. They got 6th or lower. We girls, the Homewreckers, tied for third. Not bad for starting late. They are changing their game hours and last call though, so we won't be back there.
On Thursday was a great surprise. Ashley showed up. Unfortunately it was sad circumstances, she was in town for her grandma's funeral, but having her here for that one night was awesome! I love you Ashely J!











Halloween is coming up. The SA put on a dance Friday night, it was super fun. There were some pretty sweet costumes. Went shopping with Jack yesterday. We had a great time, I love her. Spent a ton of time and a ton of money. Loved it! Last night was a party and that was a pretty good time. So overall, life is good. Busy but definitely good.
Side note, my sister in law is feeling better. I think I mentioned she wasn't feeling well. They finally got her on medication that is working. Darn American doctors. Took them long enough! But ya, we were really glad to hear that. On that note, I've got to go and pretend to do some homework and figure out what school I am going to next semester... Sounds like a fun afternoon! Ok, well, see ya later!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww I love you!!! Email me some pictures for me to post on my blog. Thanks baby!

lj said...

Did I mention that at the party Saturday night two of my friends and I went as 'The Homewreckers'. We wore altered disposable painters coveralls and our bathing suit tops. It was pretty sweet.