Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back to Calgary I Go

I have returned to Calgary.
My boss approached me last week asking if I'd be interested in coming down to help out again. I figured that in the long run it would be a good experience, learn some new things, make some money, and have a change in my lifestyle. So here I sit, using the same old computer as 5 months ago. Slamming the spacebar because it sticks and doesn't work very well.
In a sense I am looking forward to my time here. Like I said, I will likely have the chance to learn more aspects to managing, and having the chance to learn under different people will broaden my knowledge base. Making this trip again says to me that I must be doing something right because would they send me if I wasn't doing a satisfactory job? Ok. So maybe they would. They need bodies down here. And energy. And hardworkers. If nothing else I know I can do that.
I am bored though. I've only been here for two days and I am bored already. The last few times I have been to Calgary, there was a special boy here to meet me, to spend time with me, to enjoy the company of. This time, it is just me. I know a few people but just like at home, my schedule is all over the place and that makes it hard to make plans. So it looks like I will just hang out in my hotel room, watch alot of CMT, CSI, and Friends, and maybe read some books.
I don't know how long I am down for. Whether it is for a couple weeks or longer. Originally they told me two weeks, but they said that bother other times as well, so I assumed longer. Well upon my arrival, I found out that one of the managers here is going on a 3 week vacation in a week and a half, so I will not be surprised if and when they ask me to stay longer. But who knows really.
Ok. On that note, I am getting seriously fed up with this keyboard, my hands hurt from slamming the space bar every second, so I am going to take off. I know I've been slacking in updates so I will try to do better. Thinking about going back to Haiti so I can talk all about that right? Not like I would ever run out of things to say...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

YAY YOU UPDATED!!! I love you!! Congratulations on more babies!!!! Joy, I miss you. I really want a Joy Hug. Those are the greatest. AND Grease Karaoke...that is the second greatest.

Jack said...

hey, just wondering how you are doing and how work is going. hope all is well!

Ashley said...

I love you