Friday, November 23, 2007

As the Time Goes By

The keyboard at the hotel has officially annoyed me to the point where I hardly even use the computer there. For those who know me well, this is a huge admitance. I am adicted to Facebook, I love surfing the net, and when I have nothing better to do, I'll be on youtube or something else ridiculously pointless. But that sorry excuse for a computer has me at wits end... For now at least=)
I suppose in concurrence with that I should send out a thanks to my boss Matt, who while he will not read this, I still want to mention that he rocks. He lets me borrow his laptop to check my email and facebook while I am on my half hour break at work. Makes me feel important sitting in the restaurant looking at a lap top. It isn't alot of time, but it is some time and for that I am grateful!
Things are going pretty well this trip. The staff there is friendly and fitting in, being accepted as management and a trainer, and being allowed to be me while I work was quite the non issue. I trained a server, had some input on the training of a buffet runner, am contributing to the training of a relief manager, and there are apparently more to come. I get to serve every now and then, which I love and I didn't realize I had missed it as much as I have, because they are short staffed and undertrained, so having someone with experience on the floor (serving) is a really big asset. The staff has accepted me as one of their own, and honest to goodness it feels like I've been there for months, not just 11 days.
I am at home right now, but I am going back again. I start again Tuesday afternoon. I don't yet know if I will be headed down for one week, three weeks, or one there, one here, and one there... Hopefully I can figure that out this weekend but I have alot of things that I hope to find out this weekend.
And on that note, I've got to run. I am supposed to be unpacking right now(sorry Cheryl!) and getting ready to meet up with some friends for an exciting night on the town, Edmonton style! Take care!

No comments: