Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hallo from the Netherlands!

So I made it! I am writing you from a computer sitting in an adorable little house in the province of Frysland. Already since arriving I have ordered lunch in dutch, driven over a dam, seen some windmills- old fashioned and the new ones, and begun to settle into my home for the next few days. Can't believe I am here but thrilled to have made it safely! Pictures are not going to be a problem, as anyone who knows me is aware, I love taking photos. Turns out, Auntie Piety also loves taking photos and she loves that I am here, exploring things for the first time and learning about the country of my ancestors. That means that not only do I get to take alot of photos, but I get to be in alot of photos! Seriously psyched about that!

The flight itself was uneventful. My flight out of Edmonton was delayed by nearly an hour, however I still had a good hour between flights and despite the vastness of the Minneapolis airport, my arrival and departure were from the same terminal. Made it on time no problem! The flight to Amsterdam was alright as well. No horrendous stories of my seat partner, as he was actually a nice gentleman who has spent the last 40 years in Winnepeg but returns to the Netherlands yearly. My back is killing me and I am a little worried about my knees, but considering the length of the flight, I'd say those are pretty small prices to pay.

Now I am off for a nap and perhaps a walk as I sit and settle into the world of the Dutch.

God Bless

2 comments:

Jack said...

hey! happy to hear you made it! when were you in the minnipolis airport cause i was there yesterday! crazyness!

Jessica said...

sounds fun! i'm jealous ;) you better post some photos soon!