Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One More Day till Unemployment!

It is amazing how strange it can seem. Tomorrow at this time, I will be unemployeed. I will no longer have shifts in that building that I have spent so much time at. No longer have a need to be there. Considering, like any job, how much of my life it consumes, it is a hard thought to fathom. But it feels pretty good in its own way.

I will miss it. Staff. Customers. Even parts of the job. But at the same time I am so unbelieveably excited for my trip that it is hard to feel sad about leaving the job. Finishing with work simply makes Europe and the Netherlands that much closer...

My goal is to have my backpack packed by the end of the week. Ready to go. That might sound early to some people, a good week ahead of schedule, but it makes sense. This way if there is something last minute to buy, I have a week to remember it, to pick it up. And it means I get to get accustomed to my new pack. Going to go on some walks to get used to the weight and size of it. Not that I will be carrying the whole thing around often, but I need to have a little bit of a feel for when I do have to carry it for more than an hour or so. So if anyone is looking for a walk next week, let me know;)


In other news, I got to feel my sisters baby kick last night! Since she is due in early June and I don't know for 100% that I'll be back by then, we figured on trying to give me a chance to feel the baby move before I leave. So I went over last night, she sat, she ate, she lay down-on both sides, she had a slushie, and finally we got it to move a little bit. What a strange feeling. To hold your hand on a tummy and feel such obvious movement inside. Just a little miracle!

Have a great day, and a super week! I'll try to be in touch, have to get all warmed up and in practise for while I am gone=)

No comments: