Sunday, April 08, 2007

Calgary part 5(the conclusion)

So I am home. For good this time. Or I think it is for good. They have asked when I will go back but I told them to leave me alone until May. Gives me at least a little time in my own restaurant and time to move out of the apartment and get life in order. All of that fun stuff.
I spent the week on graveyard shifts. 6pm-6am was my scheduled shifts. But it was ok. It is easier than I thought it would be to work over night and then sleep during the day. It also helped that the line cook on graves was awesome and quite possibly one of the best huggers I've ever known. Fun thing about the week is that I wasn't a server, or a server trainer on these shifts but a manager. With no official training, I was managing the overnight staff. And I think I did a pretty good job of it, seeing as when I stopped by my store yesterday to visit, the managers there were talking about the good things they had heard. So that is pretty sweet.
It turned out to be an awesome week. Got to know a bunch of the staff, while at work, and on smoke breaks, and they are pretty awesoem. I have no shame in saying that I am going to miss that store. Alot. Way more than I thought I might. Not sure I'd want to do another open, I think I get too attached to the people. I had thought saying bye to the other trainers was hard, but hugging some of those staff members bye literally had me in tears, not that it will be a long time till I see them again, but because I realized that the people that I had been spending nearly every day with were all of a sudden be 300km away. Not fun. But it was worth it. Completely.
So overall it was a really good time. I have a few minor issues with my paycheck, but with the help fo my GM it is being looked into. I plan to go back to Calgary sometime in the next few weeks to visit, a non working trip, and I look forward to doing so.
Heres to being home again. For however long it might be!

No comments: