Saturday, June 10, 2006

Oilers... and some other things

Ok. Sat. Game three. Down two games to none. Am I a little nervous? Darn straights! Am I a little worried? You bet your bootie I am. Have I still got faith in my Oilers? Naturally! I have yet to give up on them, despite their heartbreaking 5-0 loss in game two and the devestation of losing Roli the Goali and dropping a 3-0 lead to lose game one 5-4. I Was shell shocked after that game, poor Roli. And although most people say otherwise, it wasn't all Conklin's falut, and not just Bergeon and Staois either, but I would include Captian Smith in the list of players who messed up. Staios let the puck bounce over his foot, while Bergeron stood and watched the donkey(aka Brind'Amour) take off down the ice. He just stood there! THen there is the obvious, of Bergeron pushing Laad into Roloson, but he was just doing his job. Finally is the stupid play that gave away the lead to the Huricanes, Conklin's mess up behind the net, which is where I figure Smith messed up, he fanned his clear. So it was both! However, despite that terrible finish to what started as a good game, and game two which I don't even what to comment on, I still believe we have a chance. I mean, these Oilers got to round four didn't they? That in itself says alot, because although a hot goalie helps, it takes a team to win. That said(I really felt like posting my opinion to the world), tonights game shall be interesting.
It's been a fun week. I have been out with people from work 3 times this week. Tuesday we went to name that tune at Brothers for the second straight week, and it was awesome! We somehow got 2nd place last week, and this week we topped that with a first place finish! Go team! Then Thurs is was Kareoke with almost 20 people from work, good times! THen yesterday we hit up the Eskimoes pre-season game. It was a sad game, but we work with one of the cheerleaders, so we made a sign for her and got on the big screen and had alot of fun.
THats my week. Pretty sad really, but a ton of fun! Go Oilers Go! Take care, and until next time,
What do the Calgary Flames and a tea bag have in common?


Both are only good for one cup!

No comments: