Saturday, June 03, 2006

ahem

I want to start this out simple, so that all the doubters out there can clearly understand... ahem...
THE OILERS ARE IN THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!! YAH BABY!!!
I also would like to mention, that those papers Mikey passed around with all the teams in the play offs on which we were supposed to perdict the winners of each series, guess who picked Edmonton-Carolina in the final. Yep, that would be me! So obviously, I am really pumped, and can't wait to return to Whyte Ave...
Outside of hockey, life is the same old same. I am working my butt off at the truck stop, and sleeping very little. As far as I am concerned that means life has returned to normal. I have begun thinking about where I would eventually like to try apply to to find that elusive second job(and by elusive I just mean that I have yet to try looking) but so far it is a short list. The thought of leaving the Flying J(truck stop) after running around and serving and then going on to another job is not an appealing thought by any means, but it is a necessary one.
So, with nothing really newsworthy to report, I just wanted to place my love for the Oilers online for all to see... I do love the oilers... Take care, and until next time...
"There was a couple getting divorced. The judge was talking to the children about custody and says to them, 'I have decided to send you to live with your dad.' 'No! No! We can't live with our dad, he beats us!' The children responded. 'Well then, that wont do,' The judge has had a quick change of mind, 'Alright then, you will live with your mom.' Again the children cry out, 'No! No! We can't live with our mom either, she beats us too!' At a loss the judge asks, 'Well then, who do you want to live with?' After thinking for a moment they respond calmy, 'The Toronto Maple Leafs, they don't beat anybody!'

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Well Laura Boskers, I miss you. It has been much too long and I don't know how much longer my heart can handle the beating it's taking. There is a huge void that is detrimental to my health. My only hope is that I get to see you in a month. That is what keeps me going. That is what enables me to wake up each morning, get out of bed, and keep my chin up. We, my friend, are joined by bonds greater than friendship. We share a name so we are practically soulmates, destined to be forever friends. Joyful friends. Joyous friends. Yeah... you're pretty dang cool. I love you! I have to go though... it is beautiful outside so I'm going to garden with my sister. Have a good day!
Love Ashley