Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to Reality

Home again.
Ok so I have been home for over a week now. Slacking off again. It seems I tend to do that more often when it comes up updating this.
In other words. Yes. I made it home safely. Uneventful for the most part. Hour from Port au Prince to Fort Lauderdale. Made the customs man helping me laugh and had him socializing for a bit. 6 1/2 hour lay over. Met some man named Robert. If everything he said is true, he is unquestionably the most fascinating person I have ever met in my life. Heck, even if some of it is true he is right up there! Just over 3 hours to Toronto. Had the Custom persons talking a little bit(I enjoy getting them to be friendly. Usually they scare me so I suppose I was facing my fears. Or something. I don't know really. It was along time ago). Landed at 10pm. Now here is the fun part. TEN HOUR layover. Yep 10. Couldn't check my luggage, everything was closed. So I sat it on a cart, sat on it during a couple phone calls, and spent the rest of the night fighting to stay away. 4 hours to Edmonton. And bam. Reality.
Been busy since being home. Or it feels like I have been at least. Just got back from 3 days in Calgary. One of those cases where although the time spent is nice, it just isn't enough. Hate those cases. Seen a bunch of people. Feels like I have seen everyone I know but mostly that is just because it is so strange to know people here. Really hasn't been that many people. I've been home for 8 days, 4 of those I was out of town. Doesn't leave alot of time...
Before I start talking about what it is like being back, which I think I shall do in a seperate post, simply to keep the two random rants seperated, I want to send a message out to everyone reading this. Who did read it while I was in Haiti. To be honest with you, until I got home I wasn't even sure one person was reading it. I truly felt sometimes like I was writing to oblivion. Since returning home I have heard otherwise from numerous people and I really really apperciate the support. It may seem like a small thing, but knowing people cared enough to read my random post is definitely a good feeling. I am sorry I didn't post more often. Learn for next time eh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Who did read it while I was in Haiti?"

*raises hand* I always tried to check this every few days to see what was happening.


It's really good to have you back, I cant wait to see pictures.

lj said...

Thanks buddy. It honestly means alot to me. That all of you would take the time to pop in and check up on me. I feel blessed!